Basics | Requirements | Setup | Rules | Winning
The winner is the last player remaining.
- At least six players with Lazer Tag equipment (16 recommended)
- Duct tape or electrical tape in two colors
- Optional referee
- Players should separate into two teams (or tribes) and place the tape with their team color around their arm. Both teams should have equal numbers of players.
- To start the game, players turn on their sensors and the teams head off in opposite directions and establish a team base position.
- After a pre-determined time limit (1 to 5 minutes - depending on the size of the playing field), the game begins.
- Each team must try to tag out the opposing team's players.
- Once half the players have been eliminated from the game, the teams combine and the players are on their own for the remainder of the game.
- The Lazer Tag Code must be observed.
These are the basic rules for almost any Lazer Tag game.
- Team play is enforced.
Teams may not tag out their own members until half the players have been eliminated.
- Players may form alliances.
Any group of players may form an alliance at any time. Such play is encouraged.
- Players may not switch teams during a game.
Even if one player has an alliance with another from another team, players cannot become a member of the other team or shoot at their teammates until after the teams are combined into one.
- A player wins when he or she is the sole survivor and all the other players have been tagged out.